Friday 9 November 2012

My review on the first assignment:


My Review of the assignment “Unit 62”:
Overall I feel this assignment has gone well considering it was our first assignment, I found that probably the hardest thing about the assignment was either the essay mainly because It was my first essay which I have had to write, or the website because of the fact I’m still quite new to flash and learning the code was quite difficult and putting it into a 4 page website and making sure there weren’t errors and if there were I was able to fix them.
The filming I wasn’t really involved with as I was working more on the site with Tom, but the bits I did help with, the booking of the equipment and helping with the risk assessment being one of them it was quite simple to do however we did have some issues with sorting out the risk assessment as some parts were a little annoying to fill out. But again I expect that is just because this is the first time I have had to do something like this where we have had to book out equipment when we have no previous experience of doing so.
Making the website overall was also fun to do as it given me the chance to learn a bit more about flash and how to use it, however at times it was difficult but maybe that was just me underestimating the code I was trying to deal with and use for the first time, I didn’t really think about how difficult it could be until I was in the middle of coding the flash site.
Writing the essay I would say was the most difficult part about the assignment as at first I wasn’t really sure about what to write even though I had read the brief on what the E-zine article was about, I think I found it difficult as well because it took some time to get my head around the structure and what I was actually going to write about. One of the things that helped me think about what I was going to write were some videos on YouTube about how interactive media has changed the world and we also watched part of a TV show to do with interactive media and how it has changed since the internet/the web was invented. The show was called: “The virtual revolution”
But in general I would say that this assignment was both good and a little annoying to do, but I did enjoy doing this assignment and working with other people to get this done, but it was also fun doing this assignment as I was able to learn more about certain software’s and a good assignment to start the course on, my favourite part about the assignment had to be working on the website and figuring out what code to use, and my least favourite part was the essay just because I found it a little boring to do as It was just writing and some parts were difficult to write about.


-Daniel Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment