Saturday 2 March 2013

Reflective analysis for the interactive youtube game:


So for this assignment we were working in groups to make an interactive game for YouTube and the game had to be related to an EA game so in our group we chose mirrors edge, the reason we chose this was because it was an easy game to base it on as we wouldn’t need any props so we already saved on money, we were going to think about doing battlefield 3 but obviously if we were using fake guns then we could’ve gotten in trouble with the police because of it.
As the producer I found it quite a difficult role to have since I have never been a producer before so figuring out how to manage the group and the groups work at first was difficult to do as I was still thinking on how to do certain things as the producer, I found being the producer was boring at times as most of it was just all arranging work from the group, updating certain parts and making sure we did all the work on time, but as the assignment went on I started finding it easier to do with time management of the group.
I enjoyed doing this assignment as it was something different to what we have been doing recently however as the time went on I started to find some things that would annoy me about this assignment, really the main issue I started to have was the fact I had to rely on people to get work done, and to meet up to do the filming this was pretty difficult to do as we were working in groups we hadn’t worked in before so I didn’t really know what to expect, however this assignment has made me realise that I prefer doing solo work as I know what to do, if it’s finished, how much I have to do etc. Whereas in a group you need to make sure everyone’s done all of the work.
I think that the hardest part about this assignment was all the paperwork, as I was put as the producer I had to make sure all the paperwork was finished and up to date and all of it was all together, and the easiest part about this assignment was probably the filming, since I wasn’t the camera crew I was just offering advice on shots and camera angles,I would say the filming went well because we didn’t have any difficulties filming nothing went wrong so that made it easier to do, Im glad we had storyboards made up though as they helped alot as we had shots planned which Dan Vann had thought of, this made the filming easy so we weren’t stuck thinking of what to film, one part about the filming was getting the equipment, we had to fill out a risk assessment online before we could book it out, I asked for help on the risk assessment as this is the first one I have done myself, but learning how to do it has helped although it was quite difficult to do after some help it was easy to understand so that should help with future assignments with booking equipment out, another part of the filming which was the most difficult part to do was coming up with the decisions, it was more of the decision to go one way or another, and the difficult part of that was deciding how that actually affected the game itself, I feel maybe we should’ve had some more decisions in the interactive game but they were difficult to come up with so we couldnt think of that many, maybe we couldve had more decisions if we looked more into research of other interactive games so that would be one thing I would do differently is to do some more research of other interactive games and ones that related to our game aswell.
Although getting the group together and getting everything done was quite difficult in the end it all turned out pretty good as we all knew what we were doing so we were all able to get on with our roles in the assignment which made this easy to bring together at the end of the assignment.  
In this assignment the essay that we had to do was easy to do as it was very similair to my first essay which was to do with how interactive media has changed the world and this essay was very similair to that on what I had to write about and I was able to relate some parts from that essay to this one.
With the editing of the film I wasn’t really involved in I was able to offer some advice and give my opinion on certain parts, but overall I would say the edit went well with choices made for it, how it looks and the decision screens, the reason I wasn’t really involved in the editing was because Ryan Mitchell and Josh Spencer were working on the edits, we used Adobe Premiere CS6 to edit our footage, I don’t really know how to use that software all that much Im still in the process of learning it so that could be another reason why I wasn’t all that involved in the editing process.

Overall I would say this assignment has gone well with some difficult parts along the way but we were able to overcome any issues such as working together getting all the work together and making sure that all the work gets done, and I was also able to learn a few things such as learning how to do the risk assessments and also during the assignment I was able to start learning about Adobe Premiere CS6, I enjoyed certain aspects of this assignment like the filming going out and deciding on where and how to film, my favourite part of the assignment was doing the filming and working with people on the filming and my least favourite part of this assignment was working with a group whereas the first time working on an assignment with other people I found it good this time working with a group and getting everything done makes me think that I enjoy the solo projects more mainly because of the time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment